The TSOP1838 is a infrared receiver tuned to react only to IR of frequency 38 kHz. This IR sensor module consists of a PIN diode and a pre amplifier which are embedded into a single package. The output of TSOP is active low and it gives +5V in off state. When IR waves, from a source, with a center frequency of 38 kHz incident on it, its output goes low. It is perfect for making obstacle sensors and to accept signals from most IR remotes.
TSOP Sensor Specifications:
- Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
- Internal filter for PCM frequency
- Improved shielding against electrical field disturbance
- TTL and CMOS compatibility
- Output active low
- Low power consumption
- High immunity against ambient light
- Continuous data transmission possible (up to 2400 bps)
- Suitable burst length – 10 cycles/burst
All our IR remote relay boards use this sensor for receiving IR signals.